Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reflection One

Moving at the Speed of Creativity
http://www.speedofcreativity.org/
 This blog is created by Wesley Fryer.  He is an educator, an author, speaker and digital storyteller.  This blog focuses on educational leadership and technology as well as problems and triumphs along his journey.
I thought the blog was designed well and had very neutral colors.  The tabs across the top of the page made it easy to navigate to find information.  I would recommend this to other educators, especially those considering attending one of his speaking conferences.

Teach42
http://www.teach42.com/This blog is authored by Steve Dembo.  It is his own personal input and ideas when it comes to education and technology.  He values input and contributions from others, and it is clear that he is not doing this just to hear himself talk.  I really liked the way his blog was set up and think it was very modern.  There were many links to interesting videos as well as pictures with nearly every post made by him.  I would definitely recommend this to other educators.  He was straight forward, but brought a sense of humor to the subjects he approached.

Patterson's Pack 
http://mrspatterson.edublogs.org/
I love this blog!  Essentially, this is a blog created by a first grade class (with the help of their teacher, obviously).  There are pages for math help, digital story telling, and links to many other educational ideas.  The page was very user friendly and adorable graphics and fonts.  I would personally recommend this to other educators of young children, not only for the educational value in the blog itself, but as an excellent class project idea.


Writing, Reflecting,Sharing, Producing and Questioning
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=84725
This blog was created by Shaun Fletcher and is a wonderful resource for students.  The page is easy to navigate and creates a safe and enriching environment for middle school students to ask questions and share ideas about science.  There are links that will easily lead students to subjects they are concerned about or interested in.  There are also links for each of his classes that he teaches as well which would lead to easy class discussions.  I would recommend this to other educators as an example of a simple, yet effective blog for students.

So You Want To Teach
http://www.soyouwanttoteach.com/
This blog is fairly self explanatory.  The author herself is a wife, mother and special education teacher and provides a variety of helpful links and articles for prospective and current teachers.  There appear to be some helpful links included, though the topics were not well organized.  The page also seemed very busy and I did not enjoy navigating it.  I do think that it could provide a good forum for prospective teachers to share their concerns, trials and success stories.  There were multiple links across the bottom of the page that I had almost not noticed.  It was almost overwhelming though.  I would not recommend this particular site to other educators.  


10 comments:

  1. You found some interesting educational blogs to discuss in your first post. I also really like your blog design and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the design of your page. The colors make your blog pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed that last blog "So you want to teach". I do agree that it was busy but I loved how the articles were inspirational and some were humorous. I could spend all day on that blog reading the articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Its so pretty and colorful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on Patterson's Pack blog - it is very educational. I thought it was a great site for not only educators, but also parents and students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color is really pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your comments on the different blog sites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very bright and colorful! You visited two blog sites I visited! Very Interesting mi amiga! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog. It's very colorful.

    ReplyDelete